Gaudi Learning Resources
This topic holds links to Gaudi documentation and other learning resources.
- gaudi-talk at lists dot bnl dot gov inter-experiment mailing list for discussion or questions about Gaudi itself, extensions and applications.
- Gaudi Savannah for bug reports, patches, source code.
The Gaudi User Guide
In it are references to other documents:
Gaudi tutorial talks and web casts
- Official tutorial talks are listed here.
- Configuration related tutorial presentation from ATLAS are here. Some ATLAS code bias.
- A web lecture archive of the ATHENA tutorial 2002.
Gaudi Source Code
See the DocDB entry for the December 2007 software tutorial.
Some potentially useful DocDB entries:
- doc-1791 How to (ab)use dybgaudi
- doc-1788 Getting started with simulation in NuWa
- doc-1729 GenTools, Generators in Gaudi
Other experiments specific
LHCb detector description. Main page is here some links are broken but correct ones can be found in the GUG. In particular:
- Detector Description chapter of the GUG
- DTD for DetDesc XML files.
- Extending DetDesc Detector Elements
- Optical surfaces
BV's Geometry DocDBs
- DocDB document#1579 DetDesc from Dec 2007 offline tutorial, basics about the DetDesc objects, XML, (obsolete) configuration.
- DocDB document#1966 DetDesc and DetSim from April 2008 workshop at BNL. Updated version of above, includes real examples.
Dump DetDesc geometry
GiGa / Sim
- GiGa (PDF) The Gaudi/Geant4 connection.
- The Athena Developer Guide has some generic Gaudi documentation.
- Atlas software & computing workshop where configurables are described