EIC Tracking R&D Meetings: Mondays 9:00am - 11:00pm
To join the meeting on a computer or mobile phone: https://bluejeans.com/703875605
Want to test your video connection? http://bluejeans.com/111
Connecting directly from a room system?
1) Dial: 22.214.171.124 or bjn.vc
2) Enter Meeting ID: 703875605
Just want to dial in on your phone?
1) +1.408.740.7256 (US)
+1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free)
+1.408.317.9253 (Alternate number)
2) Enter Meeting ID: 703875605 3) Press #
Link to the previous meeting: https://wiki.bnl.gov/eic/index.php/RD-2017-11-27
Link to all previous meetings: https://wiki.bnl.gov/eic/index.php/Eic-rd-meeting
Marcus (chair), Alexander, Bob, Kondo, Martin, Silvia
Next EIC Detector R&D Committee Meeting
- The meeting was mostly about the preparation of the progress report documents.
- We moved from free version of Overleaf to the share Pro to allow up to 500 files to be uploaded instead of 60 and and 10 GB storage capability.
- There was a technical discussion between Marcus and Martin on the best way with LateX to deal with the eRD6 publication list and citation list using BibTex tool.
- Silvia ask for a summary of all these technical discussions to which Marcus reply that Martin, Marcus and Kondo are takig care on basically the issues concerning formatting of the document with LateX / Overleaf.
- The following topic was whether we need to provide a background context in the progress report about the work we are doing in eRD6. Silvia had already done and Marcus suggested to that we all did it to keep the coherence of the docment
- We agree then to add an "overview" subsection at the beginning of the progress report document for each group to lay out the porjet overview
- Marcus also suggested to add a clear short term milestone for the effort and we all agree to add it as a paragraph in the "What is planned next" subsection of the "Future" section.
- Silvia ask about how many people are planning to attend the meeting at BNL and insist on the request from the committee to see the faces.
- Silvia also remind that we agree to rotate the designated presenter of eRD6 progress report at the committee meeting. It was decided that Kondo will be the default option for the next meeting in January 2018.
- Alexander gave a brief summary of the EICUG detector discussion meeting at Temple U. The summary reflects the materials available on the indico page of this meeting
Progress at UVa (Kondo)
- Nothing to report other than the material in the progress report including the latest on the SEM measurements of Chromium GEM
- Kondo remind of the RD51 mini week and on the session on Friday 15th on Chromium GEM and on Aluminum GEM development
Progress at FIT (Marcus)
- Marcus reports on the assembly of the large GEM, they are having some issues with the gluing of the Al-Kapton foil onto the Carbon Fiber (CF) frame. The CF surface is not flat. They are working on solution for the problem andhope to fix it by the end of the week
Progress at BNL (Bob)
- Bob reports on the submission of their paper on the results on the mini drift-GEM with zigzag readout to TNS journal
- They also submitted the TSW in preparation for the test beam at BNL
- Alexander is busy working on the zigzag board design for their Micromegas prototype. This is the board that will be produced with laser etching technology and with 25 um gap between the pads
Progress at INFN Trieste (Silvia).
- Silvia reports on the the qualification (more precisely the rejection) of a new material as substrate for THGEM. The material called Arlon show a a gain stabilisation time longer than normal permaglas. (More details of the results are in the progress report)
- The group also produced and test the first minituarized pad readout board. The initial test was done with only micromegas as amplification device. Nex step would be to add the the THGEM stage.
- Development of a new software for the SRS DAQ for small size system that allow high rate capabilities: Achieve several kHz with a FECV6 equipped with 8 APV hybrids and reading out APV 27 time bins and without zero suppression.
- Silvia promised at Marcus request that one member of his group will give a talk about this new SRS software at our bi-weekly meeting in the near future.
- There was also a discussion with some hardware bugs with some of the FECv6 preventing the operation of these card with the zero suppression firmware. The isse seems to be known and under control within the RD51 community