Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page will contain analysis details and will be updated shortly
How to get started with DIS
Papers and other Documents to get started with DIS
- A very nice early summary about HERA, with all the important kinematic variables Hera Physics.
- The CTEQ tutorials
- A short intro on how hard QCD processes are calculated is here: (slides 1,2, 4, ... 10)
- a nice article on the running of apha_s
Experimental tests of asymptotic freedom. Siegfried Bethke (Munich, Max Planck Inst.) Published in Prog.Part.Nucl.Phys.58:351-386,2007. e-Print: hep-ex/0606035 http://arXiv.org/pdf/hep-ex/0606035
- Just in case you need a parametrisation for alphas here is a very nice article
Parametrization of the QCD coupling in the Evolution Equations. B.I. Ermolaev (Cracow, INP & Ioffe Phys. Tech. Inst.) , S.I. Troyan (St. Petersburg, INP) . May 2008. 9pp. Published in Phys.Lett.B666:256-261,2008. e-Print: arXiv:0805.2278 [hep-ph] http://arXiv.org/pdf/0805.2278
- There are two very nice unpolarized evolution packages available on the web:
- QCD-PEGASUS by Andreas Vogt (can be downloaded from his Liverpool homepage) The paper is hep-ph/0408244.
- HOPPET by Gavin Salam, which you can find here http://projects.hepforge.org/hoppet
- [A lot of plots showing the detector layout] by Anders Kirleis
- [plots showing kinematic dependencies for diffractive and dis events] by Will Foreman