This page will contain analysis details and is updated continously
How to get started with DIS
Papers and other Documents to get started with DIS
- A very nice early summary about HERA, with all the important kinematic variables Hera Physics.
- The CTEQ tutorials
- A short intro on how hard QCD processes are calculated is here: (slides 1,2, 4, ... 10)
- a nice article on the running of apha_s
Experimental tests of asymptotic freedom. Siegfried Bethke (Munich, Max Planck Inst.) Published in Prog.Part.Nucl.Phys.58:351-386,2007. e-Print: hep-ex/0606035 http://arXiv.org/pdf/hep-ex/0606035
- Just in case you need a parametrisation for alphas here is a very nice article
Parametrization of the QCD coupling in the Evolution Equations. B.I. Ermolaev (Cracow, INP & Ioffe Phys. Tech. Inst.) , S.I. Troyan (St. Petersburg, INP) . May 2008. 9pp. Published in Phys.Lett.B666:256-261,2008. e-Print: arXiv:0805.2278 [hep-ph] http://arXiv.org/pdf/0805.2278
- There are two very nice unpolarized evolution packages available on the web:
- QCD-PEGASUS by Andreas Vogt (can be downloaded from his Liverpool homepage) The paper is hep-ph/0408244.
- HOPPET by Gavin Salam, which you can find here http://projects.hepforge.org/hoppet
this is a link to an email describing radiative corrections [email-link]
- [A lot of plots showing the detector layout] by Anders Kirleis
- [plots showing kinematic dependencies for diffractive and dis events] by Will Foreman