Next-generation studies of partonic spatial imaging at an Electron-Ion Collider
The main purpose of the working group:
- perform impact dtudies via global fits of different GPDs models and probes;
- create a powerful and flexibale software tool for the EIC users community that would ensure propagation of knowledge;
- use the GPD-based tables of Compton form factors (CFFs) calculated within this common framework to seed a novel Monte Carlo generator for DVCS and meson production, featuring second order initial- and finalstate radiative effects;
- employ this novel generator to test reconstruction of kinematics and carefully define detector requirements for exclusive processes, a particularly timely study at this stage;
- assess the feasibility of extracting the D-term from precise measurement of differential cross sections.
The group is typically meeting remotely every other Monday at 10:30am EDT (New York time zone), using bluejeans.
INDICO PAGE https://indico.bnl.gov/category/267/
How to connect to meetings
MILOU with 3d tables
The MILOU code has been copied to CEA GitLab: https://drf-gitlab.cea.fr/milou/milou (authentication required). This git project contains several branches:
- the development branch is 'master' (it is also the default branch)
- the original/initial code is stored in 'original' branch (this branch is protected - no one can modify it)
- '3d_tables' branch contains the version being under development where (xB, Q2, t) DVCS Compton form factors are used (note: this version is under development and not fully tested).
To clone a given branch use either:
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:milou/milou.git -b _branch_name_
git clone https://drf-gitlab.cea.fr/milou/milou.git -b _branch_name_
for either ssh or https authentication. Here, '_branch_name_' is the name of branch to be cloned.
New features and options of MILOU with 3d tables:
- uneccecery files are removed.
- makefiles are updated.
- 2d interpolation method is replaced by 3d version being a part of CERNLIB.
- 'ITFORM 8' enables t-dependence as encoded in 3d tables. Other values of 'ITFORM' enforce MILOU to probe the tables at t=0 and to apply t-dependence as indicated by the set value - this allows to keep the backward compatibility.
- the size of 3d tables is indicated to MILOU by 'NXGRID', 'NQGRID' and 'NTGRID' options (the last one is new).
- 3d tables are populated with CFFs generated using PARTONS with GK GPD model (at this moment only LO is available)