Polarization of proton beams at RHIC is measured by the following polarimeters:
The polarimeters regularly take data during the time when particles spin in the accelerator. Collected data is then analyzed by the CNI polarimetry group and the results become available to the RHIC experiments. The offline analysis is based on the package developed by the CNI group over years. One can learn about it on the Data analysis page.
Another set of polarimeters is installed at AGS. The design of the main AGS polarimeter is similar to the p-Carbon ones used in RHIC. Although the AGS polarimeters are completely independent it is not surprising that the two systems have many common features in both online data taking and offline analysis.
One can learn more about the hardware and the data acquisition system used for RHIC and AGS polarimeters on this wiki.
CNI Polarimetry Group
Current group members:
Igor Alekseev, Elke Aschenauer, Grigor Atoian, Zilong Chang, Oleg Eyser, Haixin Huang, Dima Kalinkin, Yousef Makdisi, Ana Sofia Nunes, Andrei Poblaguev, Bill Schmidke, Dima Svirida, Anatoli Zelenski
Past group members: Sasha Bazilevsky, Alan Dion, Dmitri Smirnov, Grant Webb
For contact information go to Contacts
The group mailing list is firstname.lastname@example.org
Other online resources
To learn about the latest development in RHIC/AGS polarimeters is to browse the appropriate pages on this web site.
- RHIC main elog page: http://www.cadops.bnl.gov/cgi-bin/elog/elog.pl
- Accelerator performance plots: http://www.agsrhichome.bnl.gov/RHIC/EXP-RHIC/AccelStatusPlots/PerfGraphThumbNails.html
- RHIC Broadcast messages: http://www.rhichome.bnl.gov/RHIC/EXP-RHIC/RhicBroadcast.html
- RHIC Machine/Detector Planning Meeting: http://www.c-ad.bnl.gov/esfd/RMEM_15/rhic_planning.htm
- RHIC Run Overview: http://www.rhichome.bnl.gov/RHIC/Runs/
- C-A Dept. Spin Meeting: http://www.cadops.bnl.gov/AP/spinmeeting.htm